Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Breakfast Today

So it has been a week since I have been working in the morning and saurabh is making breakfast for both of us. Today he was super tensed about his work and I was a little relaxed so I thought I could make something he likes.

It is a tough call because Saurabh hardly notices what he is eating when he is tensed. And for some reason, I was finding one ingredient missing in anything I was planning to make.

So anyways I settled for the following:
1) Egg salad sandwich (I experimented by adding mint leaves to egg salad)
2) Chickoo milkshake (since I had got loads of chikoos yest)

And though he was tensed and immersed in his numerous phones with a IPL match rerun on mute and head immersed in a comp, I felt good when after eating the first bite of sandwich he shook his head. (As I write this I am imagining how was I standing in front of him like a voyeur so for all you know the pressure might have compelled him to nod his head)

So here are the recipes:
1) Egg Salad Sandwich
Ingredients:
a- 2-3 Boiled eggs
b- Mint leaves (beautiful accident)
c- Coriander leaves
d- Green chillies
e- Chilli flakes or optionally lal mirch powder
f- Salt to Taste
g- Green onions - little bit
h - Ceaser dressing or mayo (optional - but it does add that much required zing)
i- Lettuce (one can use cucumber etc - but since I had lettuce at home I used it)
j- Bread - toasted crisp.

1) Chop boiled eggs in small pieces. Add a-h in a bowl and mix properly with a spoon - dont make it a paste so best thing is add the boiled eggs afer you whisk everything else together.
2) Toast the bread, add washed and dried lettuce leaves (u dont want water dripping from your sandwich). You can add cucumber onions tomatoes also. But we didn't add. And then add the filling above on the bread.
3) Secret tip - if the bread is really hot and the filling really cold - some people like it more. But I didn't have the time to cool the filling.


----
Milkshake:
1) Peel and cut the chikoos. Remove seeds. So firmer the chickoos easier it is for you to peel.I get mine form Patel stores in front of my house - they are large and not rotten.
2) Blend chicku, some ice cubes and milk (not too much milk - u want the texture of chiku to be dominant here and not the taste of milk) and water. Tip :Always add less milk in the first run and the second milk after tasting the shake and in the second run so that you never regret.

Tip 2: I wanted to add banana too to it but I didn't wanna experiment that combo. Net research shows that it works.

So anyways the hot sandwich and the milkshake combo makes a nice filling happy breakfast.


Strawberry banana:
Priya introduced me to this. If you have strawberries - just blend them with bananas and icecubes. No need to add sugar. Healthy post workout or midmeal option.

1 comment:

Rendezvous said...

Strawberry banana....Good combination