Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fish curry - attempt to make it similar to Highway gomantak



Highway Gomantak is my favourite place for fish curry in the world. And their food is so light on stomach and so tasty that I just cannot resist going there every alternate time we go out. I wish I could go there more often but Saurabh doesn't like seafood that much.
Here is one attempt to make my curry taste like theirs. I must say I was fairly successful. See pic.
Well I did some reverse engineering to figure it out. And some experimentation too (coz I added tomato and I know that they don't add tomato).
Ingredients:
1) Pomfret fish (1 fish)
2) Grated coconut - handful of it
3) 1/2 lemon
4) 1 tomato
5) 1 onion
6) fresh garlic
7) fresh ginger
8) Dhania powder, lotsa haldi, red chilli powder, jeera

Method:
Mix 2-7 and grind it in a mixie. Make a good paste.
Add a little oil in the paste and add ingredients in point 8 and grind again. This trick I learnt from my maid.
Heat a little oil in a pan. Add this mixture into it. Saute for a while. Note our onion is not cooked and it takes a while to cook so do let it cook for a while. Add fish pieces. Add water if required (and you will require). And let the fish cook. Pomfret cooks fairly fast.

No comments: