Sunday, December 2, 2007

Egg curry

I have always miserably failed in it. I will try out this recipe. Might modify it to my convenience. If so will upload it.
http://onehotstove.blogspot.com/2005/10/e-is-for-egg-rassa-and-eggplant-kaap.html

Hmm so finally reproduced it. Didnt use peppercorns and sauf (didnt have them) and my recommendation is add lesser onion than mentioned. I also added 1/4th cup of coconut. I also think it is a little strong on spices so I toned it down.
I satill havent figured out with confidence as to when the egg boils (And how to know. And also how to deshell it smoothly.

My ingredients:
1) Poppy seeds (khus khus), cloves and red chilles (only 2). I added ajwain though :P.
2) Half onion (US size). Full if indian size
3) 1 tomato (since last tomato in the house)
4) Ginger garlic (i added 2 teaspoons and that was the regret - i should have added only one)
5) Coconut (1/4th cup)

Steps:
1) Heat oil - adda little ajwain, poppy seeds, green chilles and crushed cloves.
2) Add onion - fry till translucent
3) Add ginger garlic paste (1 spoon)
4) Add 1 tomato+ the coconut
5) Let it be done and let it cool
6) Meanwhile I hope you had kept the eggs for boiling.
7) Go to a party or something or let things cool
8) Grind the stuff of step 5
9) Cut the eggs in half
10) Heat oil - add the 8. Add haldi and salt + 9. Add good amount of water.

1 comment:

Interview Master said...

You can join my egg deshelling classes B-)