Saturday, March 5, 2011

Tomato murabba types

Whenever we went to eat at Masala Bay, they would serve a sweet tomato chutney that I would love. But Saurabh would say his mom makes it better and I would (as usual and as a dutiful d-in-law)dismiss it as nostalgia.
But on this visit to Delhi I asked mom to make it and when I tasted it I absolutely fell in love with it.

Ingredients:
1) Tomato(large cuts)
2) Jaggery
3) Water
4) Sauf (fennel seeds)
5) Ghee

Method:
1) In a pan in add water, jaggery, large cuts of tomato and boil it for about 30 mins on simmer (yes - I swear my m-in-law boiled it for 1 hour or so but I think she boiled it really longer)
2) In 1-2 teaspoon of ghee - add sauf and then mix it with one.

The tomatoes becomes nice and juicy with this method. And I swear - calorie count notwithstanding - I absolutely couldn't help eat a cup full of it. Yummm!

No comments: