Sunday, July 15, 2007

Aloo with coconut milk


So I am having some veggie married friends as guest at my place and as one of my single friends rightly remarked - the trouble with married friends is that they can differentiate good food from bad food.

Well however I thought of still experimenting.

I remember visiting Rajesh with KAmra nad he had made coconut milk and aloo (potato). Well at that time, I was least bothered about my culinary skills so didnt register much but this is some reverse engineered reproduction of the recipe.

Ingredients - you need potatos (I tried with Pink potatoes but since I am not a racist even brown potato is fine), make sure you have cleaned it properly as we would not be peeling it, oil, jeera and coconut milk (if you do not have some then just grind some fresh grated coconut in mixie).

Procedure:

1) Heat oil. Add jeera .

2) cut potatoes and put in oil - cook the potatoes (this takes a while)

3) Once the potatoes are somewhat cooked - add few spoons of coconut milk and maybe some water.Add salt, little haldi (turmeric powder), dhania powder etc.

4) Cook till the potatoes are done and the curry looks saucy enough.

Note1: Cooking the potato takes some times so be prepared.

Note2: As my boyfriend said potatoes and coconut - so much calories!!! Potatoes is one of the other things he does not eat :) but this tastes good with just rice (no dal required).

1 comment:

Ketki said...

Hi Chef...!!
Tried this recipe yesterday..I guess i must've done something wrong...but my aaloo didnt taste any different..!
The coconut milk made them creamy..but few teaspoons of it is not enough to change the taste.
Is the final product supposed to have a coconuty taste?

Ketki.