Sunday, July 15, 2007

ladyfingers with a twist :)

Well never intended the word twist to be taken so literally. And you can see the before after pics of my lady finger (okras). They really seem to be twisted :)

Anyways this dish surprisingly came out to be good. I prefer it to be dry and not with gravy as some people suggest.
Ingredients:
- Okras (as shown in the picture)
- besan (half cup) Dunno what it is called in eng.
- yoghurt (1-2 spoons)
- fresh ginger
- green/red chillies
Procedure (its a little elaborate for my convenience but the taste is worth it :)):
1) Heat tava. Switch off gas. Add besan till it seems done (I would check with a distinct aroma). Take this out.
2) In the same tava fry the okras till they are cooked. (I almost thought of killing myself waiting for this to get done :( - just takes a loong time). Take it out.
3) In a tava - add oil, fry jeera, grren chillies and red chillies
4) Add besan, okras and then some yoghurt. I added some water too as my yoghurt was really thick.
5) Grate some ginger and sprinkle on it.
5) Cook till it is done. I prefer it to be fairly dry.

2 comments:

Vaidehi Dongre said...

good recipe. & besan is called gram flour in hinglish :)

Vik@$ said...

looks delicious...i will try this recipe...since last 1 week i am thinkin to make bhendi but i dont have the basen,will try this once i get it