Sunday, July 15, 2007

Curd rice - VC ishtyle


VC is nominated ot be one of the best cooks in our gang. And though I haven't gotta chance to learn a lot of dishes from her but there is one simple thing I learnt and that is her delicious curd rice. And then you'd ask - how much more can you engineer a curd -rice. Well read on ...
That's how I make it.
You need - Curd and rice, fresh ginger, carrot. Red chillies and coriander.
1) In a pan - heat a little bit of oil (I use olive oil for my cooking). Add some mustard seeds, some dal, if you hace red chillies then couple of them.
2) I then add curd and then grate lots of carrot and ginger on top of it. I add a little water too and switch off the gas.
3) Then I add some well boiled rice to it. and mix well.
4) Store in fridge - serve cold :).

My mom loved it so much that whn I was in India I made it almost everyday. Also though my boy-friend doesn't eat rice (health freak), he did eat it. Nothing works better in Indian heat. Since I am calling Bama for dinner this eve then be ready for the photgraph soon.

No comments: